Problem compiling Digikam with mingw

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Sat Oct 30 23:06:06 CEST 2010

Am 30.10.2010 15:52, schrieb Francis Corvin:
> Gilles,
>
> Belated thanks for your answer. I tried again today: MinGW has been
> completely removed from the system (and it had been before). I have
> now three folders:
> - E:\dev-tdmgcc where I instaled TDM-GCC and also downloaded the
> source code via Subversion
> - E:\kde4-tdmgcc which is my KDE installation directory
> - E:\kde4-tdmgcc-dl which is the KDE download directory
>
> I still have the same problem:
> In file included from E:\kde4-tdmgcc\include/lcms.h:185:0,
>                    from
> E:\dev-tdmgcc\kdegraphics\libs\libkdcraw\libraw/internal/defines.h:54,
>                    from
> E:\dev-tdmgcc\kdegraphics\libs\libkdcraw\libraw\internal\dcraw_common.cpp:29:
> E:\kde4-tdmgcc\include\mingw/unistd.h:119:44:
> error: declaration of C function 'void usleep(unsigned int)' conflicts with
> E:\dev-tdmgcc\kdegraphics/../include/unistd.h:36:29:
> error: previous declaration 'int usleep(useconds_t)' here
>
> So it is a conflict between TDM GCC and the KDE libraries and their headers.
if tdm gcc is different from other mingw distributions the additional
compiler has to be defined in  the top level CMakeLists.txt from the
kdewin package
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/kdesupport/kdewin/CMakeLists.txt?view=markup

# there are three mingw compilers
# compiler cmake variables
# mingw4 MINGW32
# mingw-w32 MINGW32 MINGW_W32
# mingw-w64 MINGW64 MINGW_W64
# the last one could be detected automatically
# the second one is selected with the following option
# the first one is selected by cmake as default
OPTION(MINGW_W32 "build for mingw-w32 " OFF)

Depending on this additional compiler the headers in
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/kdesupport/kdewin/include/mingw/ has to be
patched.

If you send me a related patch I can add this to the kdewin source in svn.

Regards