turning on digiKam + kipi-plugins in windows packages compilation...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 09:12:30 CEST 2010

2010/10/27 Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com>:
> 2010/10/26 Ralf Habacker <ralf.habacker at freenet.de>:
>>  Am 26.10.2010 15:34, schrieb Cristian Oneţ:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> It's true that KDE on Windows didn't had a stable release since
>>> February 2010. KMyMoney would also benefit from such a release since
>>> at the time of the last release it wasn't yet stable on KDE4 but now
>>> we have a stable release several months old but KDE on Windows wasn't
>> Making a release requires people having the resource and time to make
>> this release.
>>
>> Initial kde releases has been released by me. After that Christian takes
>> over release management. After Christian Patrick took over release
>> creating. Now Patrick has finished his studies and works on a full time
>> job, probably with not enough free time to make a release anymore.
>
> Thanks Ralf for these very important information.
>

>> Who is willing to make a new unstable/stable release and like to take
>> the chance to be a part of one of most exciting project in the open
>> source world ?
>
> Me, but i cannot. digiKam is a big project, and i cannot manage more as well.
>
> Of course i can help as i can, to fix compilation and source code
> under windows. But my job is not to package.
>
> Also, as i buy a new Macbook computer, i manage also macosx
> compilation using macport project (I don't not package)
>

>> BTW: Nightly builds needs also a maintainer - by default it is an
>> automated process, but the last release is from September 30, 2010, so
>> there must be something broken.
>
> I recommend you to speak about this status in a blog, and to ask for
> volunteers.
>
> Gilles

Ralf,

Do you plan a coding sprint with all windows developers/contributors ?

If yes, and depending of my availability, i can be present. This
depend of a lots factor of course, because i work as computer science
engineer in a big research center in France, and i'm also teacher in a
engineer school (evening classes).

This year, i also change home, around Christmas...

I'm that other 3rd party developers as Christian with KMyMoney can
contribute to a coding sprint.

What do you think about ?

Gilles Caulier