using msvc2010 as a compiler

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Wed Nov 10 13:36:47 CET 2010

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 8:51 AM, Cristian Oneţ <onet.cristian at gmail.com> wrote:

> Then shouldn't EMERGE_SOURCEONLY=True be the default? At least when
> the compiler is different from msvc2008 and mingw4 (for these
> compilers the bin packages are available).

Maybe. I started adding MSVC2010 support and binary packages because I
wanted to port KSnapshot to Windows but then I got busy with other
stuff (KIPI plugins, etc) and put MSVC2010 on hold.

IMHO, a better default would probably be "use binaries for my compiler
when available, else use source"

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org