installing source packages for emerge

Patrick Spendrin ps_ml at gmx.de
Wed Nov 10 09:20:24 CET 2010

Hi everybody,

As Cristian pointed out, building with emerge can fail at the moment
with weird (mostly linker-)errors due to outdated 3rdparty dependencies.

To get around that, when setting up emerge, set the environment variable
EMERGE_SOURCEONLY=True
in your kdesettings.bat. This will replace occurances of 3rdparty binary
dependencies with the source equivalent packages of these packages (We
have them for nearly all of our 3rdparty packages).

This is especially needed for the following compilers:
mingw-w64
msvc2010
where there are nearly no binaries uploaded yet. You can also use that
for the other compilers though (it only needs a bit more compile time).

I am currently setting up a build server for this task, I will inform
you when it is ready and you can switch back.

regards,
Patrick