Rant: So you want help?

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sat Nov 6 09:37:48 CET 2010

On Saturday 06 November 2010, Andrius da Costa Ribas wrote:
> - "channels" could then be configurable, in a similar way of apt's
> sources.list, then when a release has not all of its packages it would
> lie on "incomplete" channel, so it would be easier to package in a
> collaborative way, as opposite to currently having to package
> everything at once for one release. A regular channel would be
> provided for end-users. This would also facilitate adding third-party
> apps and libs.

For all I know about the workings of the kdewin-installer (which is not as
much as I'd like to), adding support for multiple "channels" is not a
conceptual problem. It would just need to be implemented.

And in fact, _I think_ that the concept of an "incomplete" channel would not
be much of a problem at all in the kdewin-installer.

So I believe this is likely to be easier than porting some other tool, and
adjusting the packaging to that, at least in the short term.

Regards
Thomas