Amarok problems (Was: Re: Release 4.4.4)

Tomasz Bątor tomba4 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 00:26:31 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 11:35 PM, Patrick Spendrin <ps_ml at gmx.de> wrote:
>> BTW, do you know why there's no support for last.fm in Amarok now?
>
> liblastfm (which provides the support for last.fm services) isn't
> exactly nice to build on windows, iirc we simply skipped it for this
> release. As we currently try to get up to date again, we will probably
> include it soon.

I did manage to compile liblastfm v0.3.1-0 on VC2008 Express SP1 +
PSDK for W2003 R2 (ATL stuff), so maybe I could help. It seems to
work, at least on a basic level (i.e. it scrobbles stuff, I don't use
other features), but saving credentials in Amarok requires KWallet for
some reason (plain text doesn't work).

I still haven't figured out how to get all icons in the player though.
I've installed kdebase-runtime and oxygen-icons and still lots of
icons is missing :/. Any hints?

t.