MSYS Mingw packages with MSVC

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Tue Jul 27 00:04:11 CEST 2010

Hi,
I was just talking to Patrick (von Reth) about packages that only support a
Unixoid build system. We were thinking about using binary packages (as we do
now) but make the source packages for EMERGE_SOURCEONLY Hard depend on
MinGW(-w32) and MSYS even if the compiler is chosen to be the proprietary
Microsoft one. And archvie compatibility through renaming the dll.a to lib or
using pexports.

Any ideas on that or objections to having MinGW installed as MSVC user?

This would improve in our opinion the current situation where serveral
packages are just blocked if you do not use MinGW/Msys

Greetings
Andre
--
Andre Heinecke |  ++49-541-335083-262 |  http://www.intevation.de/