Emerge: Plotting build dependencies graph, emerge -k/-j

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Thu Jul 22 11:45:18 CEST 2010

Ralf Habacker schrieb:
> Sascha L. Teichmann schrieb:
>
>> Hi together,
>>
>> some of you may heard me talking about the "emerge -j/-k" stuff at
>> the KDE for Windows meeting here at Osnabrück/2010-06-05. Now its
>> finally there! :-)
>>
>> We've have made some improvements to emerge that allow us to set
>> it up in a more automated/unattended environment to build
>> Kontact Enterprise 5 (KDE/PIM E5).
>>

> This looks very good.
>
>>   I - Plotting the build dependencies graph as a dot graph.
>>
>>     $ python bin\dependencies.py enterprise5/kdepim-e5 > kdepim-e5.dot
>>     $ dot -Tsvg -okdepim-e5.svg kdepim-e5.dot
>>
>>     That gives you [1]. Visualizing this helped us a lot to fix
>>     broken dependencies. What we've found should be in upstream already.
>>     You can use the bin/dependencies.py with a --format=xml parameter
>>     to get the deps as XML which may be useful to process it further
>>     with other tools

in portage.py I also found the following change - for what is this good ?

        # TODO: Impove importing ...
        suff_indices, suff_idx = imp.get_suffixes(), 1
        for idx, suff in enumerate(suff_indices):
            if suff[0] == ".py": suff_idx = idx; break
        return imp.load_module( modulename.replace('.', '_'),
            fileHdl, module, suff_indices[suff_idx] )

Regards