Emerge: Plotting build dependencies graph, emerge -k/-j

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Wed Jul 21 19:06:50 CEST 2010

Hi,
On Tuesday, 20. July 2010 12:59:54 Ralf Habacker wrote:
> 2. wget is listed as dependency for many packages. For my opinion wget
> should only be the first dependency of virtual/base and nowhere else.
Although this is a bit unrelated, i do not fully agree with that, since
virtual-base also includes the compiler it is quite a large package for MinGW
users. But i agree that wget should not be an explicit dependency for every
package.
Since wget is already part of emerge and checked out with emerge i would
much rather just move it into the emerge/bin folder and remove the package and
the dependencies to this package.

The source packages still should all depend on virtual base, in my opinion.

Greetings
Andre

--
Andre Heinecke |  ++49-541-335083-262 |  http://www.intevation.de/