mingw QT Compile - Input line too long

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Thu Jan 21 18:43:09 CET 2010

Hi,
2010/1/21 Andrew Goodbody:
> Reduce the length of the directory name you have as %KDEROOT% ie
> kde-mingw is too long.

to take the KDEROOT path out of my input line I used the Windows subst
command.
In my kdesettings.bat i have the following:

mkdir %KDEROOT%\download
subst /d x:
subst x: %KDEROOT%\download
set DOWNLOADDIR=x:\

and for svn:
mkdir %KDEROOT%\svn
subst /d z:
subst z: %KDEROOT%\svn
set KDESVNDIR=z:\

This substitutes the path of the svn and downloaddir to a virtual drive
identifier. When you are done with emerge you can delete them with subst /d
<identifier>

Hope this helps,
Andre

--