debug libraries for which buildtypes ?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Jan 4 17:29:41 CET 2010

Hi Alex,

Am Mittwoch, 30. Dezember 2009 18:53:01 schrieb Alexander Neundorf:
> in KDE we have the buildtypes RELEASE, RELWITHDEBINFO, DEBUG, DEBUGFULL and
> PROFILE.

just for reference, here is the wiki page where I found stuff about it:
http://techbase.kde.org/Development/CMake/Build_Types

Note the documented mix does not give me what I really want with mingw for
shipment: I would want symbols separated so I can put them in an extra
package for debugging, but to be used with the same executables.

I would want kDebug enabled all the time as it can also contain logging
information (as opposed to developers analysis output, which it also
containts.)

For qDebug I am not entirely sure, as I am not sure if it containts logging
information and also might be in the more inner loop. So possibly I would
want this out.

Asserts should always be active. In all released binary software.

> For which of these configurations are the release versions and for which
> are the debug versions of the Qt libs required ?
>
> Maybe release for RELEASE and RELWITHDEBINFO, and the debug versions for
> DEBUG, DEBUGFULL and PROFILE ?

I admitt I do not deeply understand what the debug version of the QT libs will
mean, maybe qDebug is enabled? That would match to "release"
and "relwithdebinfo" in the wiki table.