Twitter and 4.4

Andrew Manson g.real.ate at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 13:25:41 CET 2010

On 11 February 2010 11:53, Stuart Jarvis <stuart.jarvis at gmail.com> wrote:

> I checked the promo-list archives (had an idea this had come up before) so
> here's a summary of what we have at present:
>
> http://community.kde.org/Promo/Material/social_media - that's all general
> KDE
> stuff though (as it's on the wiki, that's really for our purposes trying to
> get
> things organised - once we have it a bit more coherent we should put it on
> kde.org more prominently)

I follow the KDECommunity twitter account, I quite like it mainly because
its a collection of posts that are chosen by a human ( not just a catch all
syndication from the planet like the KDE one on identica ).

What I would like to see is a twitter account for each of the (social) KDE
modules like KDEedu, KDEpims and KDEWindows etc. I know thats really a
comment for one of the publicity lists but I'm not subscribed to any of them
so I won't be able to partake in the conversation ;) but just because there
isn't a twitter account for each of the modules that doesn't mean that
KDEWindows can't have one! If there was some way for me to get information
about the project ( apart from talking to the devs every day or becoming a
dev ) I could take over the Twitter account for now. Maybe we could organise
a centralised owner for it ( KDEev? ) that will give out the details to
other members so that they can post to the account?? or is there some way to
have a twitter or identica account where multiple people can login and post
without having to just syndicate blogs or something? Just some ideas, might
help get the message of KDE for windows out there for devs and users alike!

> > -Andrew
> >
> > PS. stung by the Reply-To problem, sorry for keeping people out of the
> loop
> >
> Are you subscribed to kde-windows? I'm copying you in in case you're not.

Yea I'm subscribed, just the default reply to isn't the list. (Hopes the old
argument doesn't start up again!! ) :P