Indefinite number of kioslave instances

Patrick von Reth patrick.vonreth at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 12:31:38 CET 2010

Currently amarok with some applets causes kioslave to start a indefinite
number of instances.

 V:\>taskkill /F /IM kioslave.exe

> SUCCESS: The process "kioslave.exe" with PID 2768 has been terminated.
>
> SUCCESS: The process "kioslave.exe" with PID 4020 has been terminated.
>
> SUCCESS: The process "kioslave.exe" with PID 5312 has been terminated.
>
> SUCCESS: The process "kioslave.exe" with PID 6276 has been terminated.
>
> SUCCESS: The process "kioslave.exe" with PID 5244 has been terminated.
>
> SUCCESS: The process "kioslave.exe" with PID 3388 has been terminated.
>
> SUCCESS: The process "kioslave.exe" with PID 6484 has been terminated.
>
> SUCCESS: The process "kioslave.exe" with PID 6472 has been terminated.
>
> SUCCESS: The process "kioslave.exe" with PID 6164 has been terminated.
>
> SUCCESS: The process "kioslave.exe" with PID 5768 has been terminated.
>
> SUCCESS: The process "kioslave.exe" with PID 3240 has been terminated.
>
> SUCCESS: The process "kioslave.exe" with PID 6608 has been terminated.
>
> SUCCESS: The process "kioslave.exe" with PID 6928 has been terminated.
>
> SUCCESS: The process "kioslave.exe" with PID 4508 has been terminated.
>
> SUCCESS: The process "kioslave.exe" with PID 6684 has been terminated.
>
> SUCCESS: The process "kioslave.exe" with PID 6836 has been terminated.
>
> SUCCESS: The process "kioslave.exe" with PID 6312 has been terminated.

That kioslave is unstable on windows is known for a long time, and multiple
kioslave instances hapen quite often.
But about 20 instances each with 30mb ram usage can kill each system.
We definitely have to debug and fix kioslave because the current state is
much to unstable.

Konqueror will also start a lot of kioslave instances.

Greetings

Patrick