Can not install program

Ral Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Thu Aug 26 21:45:27 CEST 2010

J. Bromwell schrieb:
>   On 8/21/2010 10:21 AM, Ral Habacker wrote:
>
>> J. Bromwell schrieb:
>>
>>>    I downloaded KDE 4.4 to my windows and everything is fine.  Now I want
>>> to install Kmymoney but cannot figure out how to open it.  I downloaded
>>> it and now it is in WinZip.  What do I do next?  Thanks for your help.
>>>

>> You may take a look at http://windows.kde.org/download.php.
>>

>> For installing single applications there is a dedicated single
>> applicaton installer available. A prerelease version is available at
>> http://www.winkde.org/~ralf/installer/release/setup-kmymoney-vc90-stable.exe
>>
>> Regards
>> Ralf

> Ralf,
> I downloaded the installer just fine and it is on my start list.
> Problem is I cannot get it to Kmymoney.  I also tried the direct
> download for the single applications and it does fine until what I
> assume is the final step under "Post Processing".  The last line in the
> install reads "creating new windows start menu entries" and the
> "Finished" button is there but it seems to "Freeze" at that point.
After the button in the left bottom corner shows finish, the
installation is completed.
> Am I doing something wrong?
I guess no.
> I can't believe I think I can use the program if
> I am not smart enough to figure out how to download it. lol

There are reports that after running the single package installer no
start menu entries of the installed application are visible, which may
be caused by crashes as you described in the separate mail.

A workaround is to enter the bin dir of the installation root and to run

kbuildsycoca4
kwinstartmenu