mt.exe from kdewin32 screws up msvc2005

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Sat Sep 26 22:40:42 CEST 2009

Ralf Habacker schrieb:
> Christian Ehrlicher schrieb:
>> Ralf Habacker schrieb:

>>> The source of kdewin mt is available so the problem looks to be
>>> solvable. How is the exact build line for reproducing the problem.
>>>
>> I solved it by removing mt.exe. That's enough for me.
>>
> And you gave up vista  uac support ?
You said msvc2005 is no longer supported - so what's the problem?

> Do you have reported the issue to this list, so that there had been a
> chance to fix the problem ?

I did now and gave up some months ago because I thought it's a problem
because I've co-installed msvc2005 and 2008.
The simple problem is that mt.exe from kdewin32 is used but the one from
msvc2005 should be used to create a proper manifest.

Christian