emerge qt: missing repository

Michael Sprauer M.Sprauer at web.de
Wed Oct 14 17:18:30 CEST 2009

Hello list,

I tried to install KDE on my vista x64 using msvc2008.
But the following step failed:

c:\KDE>emerge qt
emerge.bat executed
17:13
emerge debug: buildAction: all
emerge debug: packageName: qt
emerge debug: buildType: RelWithDebInfo
emerge debug: buildTests: None
msys execute: c:\KDE\dev-utils\git\bin\sh.exe --login -c "cd
/c/KDE/download/svn-src/qt && git pull"
You asked me to pull without telling me which branch you
want to merge with, and 'branch.master.merge' in
your configuration file does not tell me either.        Please
specify which branch you want to merge on the command line and
try again (e.g. 'git pull <repository> <refspec>').
See git-pull(1) for details.

If you often merge with the same branch, you may want to
configure the following variables in your configuration
file:

     branch.master.remote = <nickname>
     branch.master.merge = <remote-ref>
     remote.<nickname>.url = <url>
     remote.<nickname>.fetch = <refspec>

See git-config(1) for details.
emerge fatal error: command fetch failed
emerge fatal error: running python
c:\KDE\emerge\portage\libs\qt\qt-4.5.2.20090727.py fetch
emerge error: fatal error: package libs/qt-4.5.2.20090727 all failed
17:13

Is there something I missed in the emerge documentation?
I ran emerge revision 1035226.

Cheers,
Michael