Using msvc solution files

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Tue Nov 10 19:24:52 CET 2009

Carlo wrote:

> I don't know about this option, but I wouldn't use the cmake visual
> studio generator since it breaks at least in kdelibs
> to make the compilation faster with multiple cores you can use jom

vcbuild compiles projects in parallel, this is not as parallel as 'make -j'
but at least it should be possible to compile independent projects parallel.
Why should this not speed up compilation on multiple cores?

> instead of nmake, there is already an option in the emerge settings to
> use it
> you can download it from here ftp://ftp.qt.nokia.com/jom/

'using jom' this was the next question I had in mind :)

But I'm more interested in the project files for debugging purposes.

Peter