Failure to run KDE and apps on windows

nagin chand now2me at rediffmail.com
Wed Nov 4 16:58:39 CET 2009

Dear friends,

1. I have not been able to run any of the KDE applications even after installing the whole thing as per the standard procedure and the only installer.
2. The downloads itself ran into GBs of space! And the installation, I did in the directory KDE4, was also in several GBs! Even some of the complete Linux systems running gnome and kde could be smaller than that. Why is it so bloated? Am I right or there was some error in the installs that I did. The failed apps complained of absence of some dbus dll (that differed with app).
Any one to clear the mist, or I did it wrong entirely.

Nagin Chand