KDE inside graphics? (Re: Linux Journal article on KDE on Windows)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Nov 4 10:06:23 CET 2009

Am Dienstag, 3. November 2009 17:21:10 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:

> > > (Is using a product like Kleopatra, where a big bunch of KDE libraries
> > >  coming with it, considered for the question? If so: Yes, lots of new
> > > users with Gpg4win2. :) )
> >
> > Yes, I guess a follow up question is do they only see Kleopatra as a
> > standalone application (and use that, which is nice) or do they
> > understadnnd it is related to KDE and then try and find out more about
> > that and see what else KDE can offer? Not an easy one to answer.
>
> With current Gpg4win, KDE is not as visible as it should. People might not
> recognise Kleopatra as a KDE application, it is the whole package they use,
> e.g. directly from within Outlook (if they are using GpgOL).

I consider doing a "KDE inside" thing to make this more visible at several
places, because the general "KDE" help tab is not really well integrated and
understood. The logo or text could be displayed in more places.
Maybe this is a good idea in general as KDE technology (and community efforts)
will get into more and more slick products in the future.

Bernhard