Long paths, hitting MAX_PATH limit of 260 chars

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed May 13 17:47:56 CEST 2009

Windows seems to have a limit of 260 chars in a paths
and with Kontact's imap cache we are hitting the limit if there are too many
subfolder. I am wondering if these limits are hit by other components
as well and if using the extended-paths of windows, starting
with "\\?\" would be a solution to the problem.

Technical details and hints about the problem we've hit:
https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue3582 (Errors with too
long/reserved/case-sensitive file names)
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, Osnabrück, DE; AG Osnabrück, HRB 18998