installer 0.9.5 not working behind our proxy

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Mon May 11 08:49:19 CEST 2009

Michael.Haub at Preh.De schrieb:

> Hello,
>
> I have the problem that i am behind a proxy with authentication.
>
> The dialog for selecting the proxy does not show up in 0.9.5 here (in
> 0.9.3.1 it did).
Do you have deselected the "skip basic settings" checkbox on the title
page.

> The config.txt could not be retreived at first.
>
> I have found Installer.ini in my profile:
>
> [General]
> FirstRun=false
> mirror=ftp://gd.tuwien.ac.at/kde/
> rootdir=C:\\Programme\\KDE-EndUser-MSVC
> tempdir=C:\\Programme\\KDE-EndUser-MSVC\\Download
>
> I have put in this:
> proxyHost=" ... our proxy adress ... "
> proxyMode=4
> proxyPassword=" ... my proxy user passord ... "
> proxyPort=" ... our proxy port ... "
> proxyUser=" ... my proxy user name ... "
>
> Now something works, but package selecting window is still empty.
>
> I think the proxy only supports passive retrival mode like IE and only
> http (no ftp).
>
> Can you please help?
As a workaround you may download the files by a 3rdparty downloader and
run the installer using a local install location.

BTW: The installer uses the proxy support coming from curl
http://curl.haxx.se/. You may try to find the required parameters to
fetch files through your proxy using curl and file a feature reques on
bugs.kde.org