installer 0.9.5 not working behind our proxy

Michael.Haub at Preh.De Michael.Haub at Preh.De
Fri May 8 18:02:02 CEST 2009

Hello,

I have the problem that i am behind a proxy with authentication.

The dialog for selecting the proxy does not show up in 0.9.5 here (in
0.9.3.1 it did).

The config.txt could not be retreived at first.

I have found Installer.ini in my profile:

[General]
FirstRun=false
mirror=ftp://gd.tuwien.ac.at/kde/
rootdir=C:\\Programme\\KDE-EndUser-MSVC
tempdir=C:\\Programme\\KDE-EndUser-MSVC\\Download

I have put in this:
proxyHost=" ... our proxy adress ... "
proxyMode=4
proxyPassword=" ... my proxy user passord ... "
proxyPort=" ... our proxy port ... "
proxyUser=" ... my proxy user name ... "

Now something works, but package selecting window is still empty.

I think the proxy only supports passive retrival mode like IE and only
http (no ftp).

Can you please help?

Michael