kdebugdialog redirection to a file

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Fri Mar 20 19:39:08 CET 2009

Bernhard Reiter schrieb:
> Hmm, I've tried to enable kdebug to a file using kdebugdialog,
> does this work for anybody on windows?

yes
> Could you share a working ~\.kde\share\config\kdebugrc section?

I did run kdebugdialog --fullmode and set for category 7011 all entries
to *file* output. The related kdebugrc output looks like shown below:

[7011]
AbortFatal=true
ErrorFilename[$e]=kdebug.dbg
ErrorOutput=0
FatalFilename[$e]=kdebug.dbg
FatalOutput=0
InfoFilename[$e]=kdebug.dbg
InfoOutput=0
WarnFilename[$e]=kdebug.dbg
WarnOutput=0

After running a kde application I found in the current directory a file
name kdebug.dbg with the following content:

19:30:43    kate.exe:3580    IRP_MJ_CLEANUP    C:\Dokumente und
Einstellungen\<myuser>\Anwendungsdaten\.kde-debug\share\config\kdebugrc
SUCCESS

BTW: I tried this with a msvc debug build.