kdebugdialog redirection to a file

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Mar 20 10:58:02 CET 2009

Ralf,

On Thursday 19 March 2009, Ralf Habacker wrote:
> Bernhard Reiter schrieb:
> > Hmm, I've tried to enable kdebug to a file using kdebugdialog,
> > does this work for anybody on windows?
> >

> As far as I know are all debug messages redirected to dbgview
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896647.aspx

thanks for the response. Yes I knew about debugview which works.
For some situations it would be very cool to have a user configurable file
for the log and debug output. Using kdebugdialog --fullmode I found
that it should be possible, but trying to enable it via kdebugdialog
or the corresponding kdebugrc files was unsuccessful so far.

One situation were this is interesting is when Kontact or Kleopatra from
Gpg4win is installed as Admin, but a User wants to help with log output
to diagnose a problem. Getting Debugview installed is not a good option
as it means bugging an administrator and getting infos that the user usually
would not get. Also Debugview is complicated compared to the task at hand, so
usuability could gained.

Bernhard

Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, Osnabrück, DE; AG Osnabrück, HRB 18998