MSVC 2008

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Fri Mar 13 12:42:47 CET 2009

> Von: Pau Garcia i Quiles
> On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 12:15 PM, Christian Ehrlicher
> <Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> >> Actually, given that Boost, Poppler and others are available with a
> >> CMake build-system, should we try building them from source instead of
> >> downloading binaries from GnuWin32 and other places?
> >>
> > We do not download anything from gnuwin32 or somewhere else. All in
> win32libs is build by our own.
> > The only reason why there's a win32libs-bin is that we don't want to
> build the whole stuff ever and ever again
> >(especially since some packages only build on mingw, some need even msys,
> ...)
>
> Well, we have different points of view here. IMHO it would be better
> if all the 3rd party dependencies had a CMake buildsystem and we could
> build them automatically with emerge. Adding support for
> pure-MSVC2008, and the upcoming MSVC2010, would be easier.

It's not just the cmake buildsystem. It's also the ability to actually compile the sources with msvc or even with mingw without doing some extra magic (see shared-mime-info for example!) And adding a cmake buildsystem just because it would be nicer instead using the working one is a waste of time for kde-windows.

Christian
--
Nur bis 16.03.! DSL-Komplettanschluss inkl. WLAN-Modem für nur
17,95 ¿/mtl. + 1 Monat gratis!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a