Amarok is not able to play OGG files

Mike Arthur mike at mikearthur.co.uk
Tue Jun 23 11:05:25 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 23 June 2009 09:58:10 Aekold Helbrass wrote:
> Well I understand that it will play everything that WMP will, but I
> installed Amarok because I don't want to deal with WMP at all, I
> totally uninstalled it from system. It's just looks like but to add
> something to collection but being unable to play it, and VLC engine
> looks for me like fastest and simpliest way to deal with it. Maybe I
> just missed something or it's not that easy to integrate it?

Sure, I appreciate that. I'm not saying it won't be done but at the moment
installing a DirectShow filter means you could (potentially) get Amarok working
today. Windows Media Player is basically just a wrapper round DirectShow which
can't really be fully removed. If necessary use Media Player Classic to test
playing OGGs and then they should work in Amarok.

--
Cheers,
Mike Arthur