Including Krusader in the KDEWIN installer

Patrick Spendrin ps_ml at gmx.de
Sun Jan 4 04:37:46 CET 2009

Václav Ju*za schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> we have succeeded to compile Krusader on the
> installation of KDEwin using the developer mode using mingw,
> and there is already even a windows binary (but only compiled using MinGw
> yet). It is already quite stable on Windows, even when not all the
> functionality works yet.
>  See the screenshot and the download link here:
> http://groups.google.com/group/krusader-news/browse_thread/thread/c95f20f6053fead5
>
> The source code is on:
> http://krusader.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/krusader/trunk/krusader_kde4
> or for the latest released beta:
> http://krusader.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/krusader/tags/krusader-2.0.0-beta2/
>
> The process, how we compile is described here:
> http://krusader.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/krusader/trunk/krusader_kde4/INSTALL?revision=6173&view=markup#l_248
>
> Would it be possible to include Krusader in the KDEwin installer as well,
> please?
Yes, of course.
I think we can look in the coming days how to add a redirection to your
binary download on sourceforge I think. For that you should build
krusader and package it and upload it.

krusader can now be build as many other KDE apps on windows:
http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/KDE4/Windows/emerge
(be aware that this tool is not really identical to the gentoo one!)

To package krusader against KDE 4.1.3 release you should do the following:
- set up a build environment as described above.
- build KDE 4.1.3 with build type Release or RelWithDebInfo:
first do "set EMERGE_TARGET=4.1.3"
then do "emerge kde-4.1/kdebase-runtime".
- then build kdewin-installer in the same way:
"emerge kdewin-installer"
The installer package contains the executable needed to package krusader.
- then build krusader in the same way:
"emerge --target=TARGET krusader"
(look into
%KDEROOT%\emerge\portage\testing\krusader\krusader-2.0.0svn.py which
targets exist)
then do the packaging step:
"emerge --package krusader"
Packages should be available under %KDEROOT%\tmp now.

> Are there some things we should change in order it to be possible?
I will probably send some patches as soon as I have finished building
krusader on msvc.
> Of course, since you have more experience with porting to windows, any
> feedback is welcome.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Regards,
> Václav Ju*za