kde sc 4.3.4 not showing up

Steve Tose stose at comcast.net
Wed Dec 9 03:39:47 CET 2009

Hi, I just subscribed to this list and I have a question. I am trying
to try out the latest version and I had a previous version already
installed, probably 4.0.

I attempted to use the old installer to remove the packages
individually. I then downloaded the latest installer and tried to
reinstall from the beginning. The compiler settings were greyed out so
I must have missed something. I left it as mingw and attempted to
install but the kde packages are all version 4.1. I installed anyway
but fear I may have to reinstall everything.

I was able to get the latest KOffice (2.1) and KWord seems to be
working well! Any ideas? I checked mirrors from all over but did not
try any nightly builds.

Thanks,
Steve