kdeenv.bat fails on Vista64 with 32Bit MSVC2008

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Aug 30 12:48:35 CEST 2009

Hi,

not a bat-expert here, so I'm not sure what goes wrong. I've got a
Vista64 installed here. Installed MSVC2008 Express and Windows SDK 6.1.

MSVC2008 installed itself into %ProgramFiles(x86)% (which is c:\program
files (x86)) and the SDK is in %ProgramFiles% (which is C:\program
files).

The problem is that:

a) kdesettings.bat doesn't support this apparently. It always searched
in %programfiles% for the compiler

b) replacing %programfiles% in the if %KDECOMPILER%-part with
%programfiles(x86)% produces weird errors about \Microsoft not being
%found. I played around with adding quotes here and there but couldn't
%get it to work.

The only way to make it work was not setting VSDIR and instead just
directly using

call "%ProgramFileS(x86)%\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\vcvarsall.bat"

Anybody with more .bat-vodoo around who can see the error?

Andreas

--
Lady Luck brings added income today.  Lady friend takes it away tonight.