Feedback from an application developer

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Aug 21 20:44:55 CEST 2009

On Friday 21 August 2009, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > the freedom to set release cycles that are often much
> > shorter, and sometimes much longer than KDE's...
>
> This is not. There are tons of apps in KDE svn that have their own release
> cycle: amarok, k3b, koffice just to name a few prominent ones.

Ok, true. But if the suggestion was to move that moving to KDE svn would have
the benefit of more or less "automagic" package creation, then - all other
issues aside - I don't see that happening on my own release schedule.

Anyway, my point was that I don't want to move rkward to KDE svn. And unless
you expect and want *every* third party KDE based project to move into KDE
svn, the KDE windows installer could be made more friendly to third parties
(see the original mail).

Regards
Thomas