Versions for kdewin-installer and applications

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Apr 15 15:46:42 CEST 2009

On 15.04.09 15:16:49, Helge Stenström wrote:
> How are bugs to be reported for KDE on Windows?
>
> I filed a bug for the application KWord, using the button Help --> Report
> Bug... I got the answer that my software was too old. But it's the latest
> that the kdewin-installer will give me.
>
> As a user, it's very hard to know if a bug is Windows-related or not.

You don't need to, just fill in the information you have.

> Even if KWord 2.0 beta-3 is old, it should be possible to report a bug on
> it, since it's the latest available.

Sure you can report it and if a developer has fixed it already in a newer
version he will close it as fixed. Thats just fine and totally ok. I don't
quite understand what your problem with that is.

> So my question: To where should bugs be reported, if not to bugs.kde.org?

bugs.kde.org is the right place. If there's no newer version for
KWord/Win32 available you'll simply have to wait until it becomes
available (i.e. somebody has time to create a new package from a more
recent beta release)

Andreas

--
Your boyfriend takes chocolate from strangers.