How to do an Offline installation on VirtualBox?

Bruno Bittar bruno_brunetsline at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 5 00:28:11 CEST 2009

I want to do an Offline installation on VirtualBox of KDE-Windows. I downloaded all packages from the host machine http://www.winkde.org/pub/kde/ports/win32/releases/stable/4.2.1/ but I am failing to install it on the virtual machine with the network connection blocked.

When I select the first option from the installer, it gives me the error of failed connection to the mirror list. When I select to install from local directory it only copies the files to the program files directory, as a consequence doesn't creates program files links in the start menu and fails to start any application from the bin folder.