Again linking problems

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Sep 30 00:03:18 CEST 2008

Hi,

together with Christian I could resolve the earlier linking errors, however
I'm facing another one that just makes me scratch my head :)

,----
| [  0%] Built target kdev_includepathresolver
| [  0%] Built target kdev4cpprpp_automoc
| [ 13%] Built target kdev4cpprpp
| [ 13%] Built target kdev4cppparser_automoc
| [ 31%] Built target kdev4cppparser
| [ 31%] Built target kdev4cppduchain_automoc
| [ 68%] Built target kdev4cppduchain
| [ 68%] Built target veritascpp_automoc
| [ 81%] Built target veritascpp
| [ 81%] Built target kdevcpplanguagesupport_automoc
| Linking CXX shared module ..\..\bin\kdevcpplanguagesupport.dll
|    Creating library ..\..\bin\kdevcpplanguagesupport.lib and object ..\..\bin\kdevcpplanguagesupport.exp
| quickopen.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: class KDevVarLengthArray<class KDevelop::ImportTraceItem,40> __thiscall KDevelop::TopDUContext::importTrace(class KDevelop::TopDUContext const *)const " (__imp_?importTrace at TopDUContext@KDevelop@@QBE?AV?$KDevVarLengthArray at VImportTraceItem@KDevelop@@$0CI@@@PBV12@@Z) referenced in function "public: virtual class QWidget * __thiscall IncludeFileData::expandingWidget(void)const " (?expandingWidget at IncludeFileData@@UBEPAVQWidget@@XZ)
| ..\..\bin\kdevcpplanguagesupport.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
| LINK Pass 1 failed. with 1120
`----

If you want to reproduce you need to apply the attached patch, which I
haven't comitted yet because I'm waiting for approval from the author of
the code.

Anybody an idea? The class is properly exported and is not a template.
TopDUContext is at

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdevplatform/language/duchain/topducontext.h

The code using it is here:

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdevelop/languages/cpp/quickopen.cpp

Andreas

--
You have an ability to sense and know higher truth.