Are bug reports required?

Aryan Ameri public at aryanameri.com
Sun Sep 14 07:28:31 CEST 2008

Hi there,

 What's the best way a user can help with the KDE Windows project? I have recently been playing with a number of KDE applications on Windows, and I have come across a bug or two every once in a while. As an end user who passionately cares about KDE, I feel it is my responsibiity to file bug reports to help developers iron these issues out. Yet, I am not sure exactly what stage the KDE Windows port is at, and whether bug reports are actually helpful at this moment or not.

Sometimes developers don't really appreciate bug reports when the software is still alpha quality and is being heavily and actively worked on. Bug reports at this stage are pretty meaningless. So, before filing a plethora of bug reports, I wanted to make sure if they are useful to you guys at this point in time.

If yes, are there any specific areas/applications, which need more testing at this point?

Cheers

--
Aryan