noob

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Oct 20 08:18:21 CEST 2008

Welcome Dominikos

On Freitag, 17. Oktober 2008, doom angel wrote:
> i wrote a program that
> trasforms Vista's icons to kde ones, adds kde4 wallpapers, oxygen cursors
> and some other resources just to get the feeling of kde to vista. Later i
> would like to distribute your installer with my package, can this legally
> happen?

I can not give you legal advise (as I am based in Germany, not a lawyer
and not paid by you (that's the law in Germany)).

In a general case, the question is if the end product is a derived product
from the elements under licensing consideration. If it is a derived product,
the licensing terms must match otherwise this will be illegal (in most
countries of the world).

> I also would like, if that is possible, to add only some kde apps with my
> installer, for example what dll's and exe's i need to add to get just
> dolphin to work?or konqueror?

Again same question. Each component of KDE comes with a license, which will
govern the terms under which you can use it, combine with it
or derive from it.
If you only "combine" it, the licenses might not affect what you do,
if you "derive" it, see answer above.

Hope the helps,
Bernhard

--