Okular does not seem to release memory?

Patrick Spendrin ps_ml at gmx.de
Mon Nov 10 16:25:44 CET 2008

Zhang chnxp schrieb:
> On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 7:42 PM, Mike Arthur <mike at mikearthur.co.uk> wrote:
>> On Monday 10 November 2008 06:40:35 Zhang chnxp wrote:
>>> I've just updated to 4.1.2 (msvc build). And after opening and
>>> scrolling down through a PDF file, okular's memory usage will grow
>>> almost linearly, and never seem to release.
>> You sure this isn't just it caching the pages of the PDF after rendering?
> Perhaps it's just caching, and the mem usage stop growing after going
> through the last page. However, for rendering a 12-page PDF, okular
> takes 109MB while foxit reader 8MB. There must be something wrong.
The overhead might simply be a calculation error.
okular is a kde application thus the KDE "overhead"(it is shared among
all KDE applications) will be within those 109 MB - so as long as there
is no constant increase of memory usage, this should be ok.

regards,
Patrick

web:                 http://windows.kde.org