KDE4 - Lack of meaningful title on mailing list reply

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Mar 31 15:52:21 CEST 2008

On 31.03.08 13:36:32, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
> Nuno Brito said the following, On 2008-03-31 13:04:
> >  Today's Topics:
> >
> >    1. Lack of meaningful title (Jaroslaw Staniek)
> >    2. KDE for Windows dedicated forum (Nuno Brito)
> >

> > 1. Lack of meaningful title (Jaroslaw Staniek)
> >
> > Sorry!
> >
> > This is the first mailing list that I join, will do as you suggest.
>
> You can just change "Mail delivery" on
> https://mail.kde.org/mailman/options/kde-windows to Enabled. and switch off
> the Difgest mode.
>
> > 2. KDE for Windows dedicated forum (Nuno Brito)
>
> I am rather against any official forum unless we have volunteer that wants to
> act as a proxy for out team. Feel free to set up and maintain any forum if you
> have the resources, especially for nontechnical users, but someone would
> resend their (meaningful) requests to the kde-windows list too.
> For example I have already dozens of web pages where I need to visit.

Not sure I still count as member of the team, however my 0.2 cent:

I find a web-based forum always harder to use than emails, especially
for technical discussions. Also I don't like the push-style of things in
forums, even if I watch a specific discussion, I'll have to open a
browser to actually reply something.

So I'm against having the main technical discussions anywhere except in
this mailinglist, but if anybody wants to setup a users-help-users forum
somewhere thats fine.

Andreas

--
It was all so different before everything changed.