Cross compiling page in techbase

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue Mar 18 22:15:42 CET 2008

On Tuesday 18 March 2008, Carlo wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 10:09 PM, Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org>
wrote:
> > On Monday 17 March 2008, Carlo wrote:
> >
> > > Ok i've updated the wiki,
> >
> >  Thanks :-)
> >  I made some more changes to it:
> >  -I committed the fix for kjsembed, so this should now work
> > out-of-the-svn ;-) -the mingw32-kdelibs.cmake file should not be used
> > when building kdelibs
>
> yeah but we need to disable gssapi when compiling kdelibs

Please update kdelibs/cmake/modules/FindGSSAPI.cmake, I committed a patch so
that it shouldn't find the build host executable anymore.

> >  -KDE4_INSTALL_DIR should now be correctly detected using FindKDE4.cmake
> > from cmake cvs, so I removed this from the two files. Unfortunately the
> > settings fro Qt in the toolchain file are broken by that, can you please
> > fix this by making the Qt variables relative to some Qt base directory
> > instead relative to KDE4_INSTALL_DIR ?
>
> I changed the name to KDE_PREFIX but it should be setted by the user,
> also KDE4_DATA_DIR is needed otherwise it doesn't find the cmake
> modules

You should only need something like QT4_PREFIX, all the stuff for KDE should
now be found correctly.

This should work now with current kdelibs and current cmake.
FindKDE4.cmake should now only find kde4-config from the target, not from the
build host, and then simply reuse its location instead of querying it for the
path.

Please try that again with a fresh buildtree, it should really work now.
If it doesn't, please post the detailed problems.

Alex