Cross compiling page in techbase

Carlo brandon.ml at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 20:10:37 CET 2008

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 7:45 PM, Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 March 2008, Carlo wrote:
>  > Hi, i've added a page in techbase with instruction to crosscompile kde
>  > for windows from linux
>  > http://techbase.kde.org/index.php?title=Getting_Started/Build/KDE4/Windows/
>  >CrossCompiling and i've linked it to
>
>  Wow, _very_ cool ! :-)
>
>  Some questions:
>
>  Why do you need to preset all the variables starting with KDE4_INSTALL_DIR,
>  especially the KDE4_XXX_LIBRARY variables ?
KDE4_INSTALL_DIR is just for convenience so you don't have to modify
the path for all set, I have to specify some kde/qt library because
cmake can't find them itself and i have disabled dnssd/avahi etc..
because cmake find the linux one and think that it's good
>  Some comments:
>  > you have to make a link to your kde4automoc for linux in the bin directory
>
>  we should be able to fix that...
>
>  > since linux is case sensitive you have to make symbolic links for some
>  > headers
>
>  Can't this be corrected in the source files where the headers are included ?
yeah this can be fixed in the source file too(maybe soprano would
require an ifdef since there are both soprano and Soprano on linux),
but link was easier to do
>  > You will get a linker error on kjsembed so from the build directory cd into
>  > kjsembed/kjsembed and make VERBOSE=1 2>/dev/null
>
>  what's the problem here with linking ?
>  This shouldn't happen, we have to fix it.
it's a long linker error about QtUiTools it can't find anything
related to qt(QString, QDataStream etc..)
>  > You will get another error in klauncher.moc about slotKDEInitData so go into
>  > kinit and do something like this(you need wine)
>
>  What's the exact problem here ?
>  Does the Windows moc have to be used ? Why ?
slotKDEInitData doesn't exist on windows
http://lxr.kde.org/source/KDE/kdelibs/kinit/klauncher.h#179 but
kde4automoc thinks that we are on linux maybe, so maybe we should use
the windows version for everything
>  > Another error in kdewidgets because wine doesn't find some dll to run
>  > makekdewidgets.exe so either run the linux version manually like this
>
>  So you run the generated executables using wine ? Interesting. The idea was to
>  use "native" executables if cross compiling. But if it works, ok.
>
>  Alex
for some strange reason for kde4automoc it calls ../bin/kde4automoc
instead of ../bin/kde4automoc.exe one that's why i made the link in
the bin dir, but for makekdewidgets it wants to use the exe one

Carlo