Qt plugins in KDE

Patrick Spendrin ps_ml at gmx.de
Sat Jun 28 14:44:51 CEST 2008

Hi all,

while trying to get phonon running, we experienced a problem that isn't
very clear:
Our phonon_ds9 backend is a Qt plugin whereas it should be loadable by
kcmshell4 phonon. It seems that this only works if we make the backend a
KDE backend which is the wrong solution.

So the question is:
Shouldn't Qt plugins be loadable by KPluginLoader as well?
can it be that KPluginLoader has problems?
Or is it impossible to load Qt plugins and we need to make a Qt-to-KDE
wrapper?

questions over questions...

regards,
Patrick