dbus-daemon.exe taking 99% CPU

Iuri Fiedoruk protomank at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 20:48:11 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 15:39, Ralf Habacker <ralf.habacker at freenet.de>wrote:

> Iuri Fiedoruk schrieb:
> > Looks bad, yes for all :-(
>
> you do not have running any dbus-daemon before  the  mentioned procedure ?

Nops, because if I had, I would not be able to run anything else without
waiting half hour :)

> Which version of dbus are you using ? Search in the kde download dir for
> dbus-... packages

This was one of the things I've tryied yesterday, dowloaded both dbus-mingw
and dbus-msvsc. Same results for any of those.

> try now:
> 1. make sure nor dbus-daemon and k... processes are running
> 2. open command shell  and navigate to <kde-install>/bin
> run
>
> set DBUS_VERBOSE=1
> dbus-launch

> send in the output

Lots and LOTS of:

select: failed: Socket operation on nonsocket
4444: select: to=-1
    R: 1784 E: 1784
    R: 1752 E: 1752
    R: 1716 E: 1716