dbus library search rules for qdbus

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Tue Jul 15 13:50:40 CEST 2008

> Von: Ralf Habacker
> Christian Ehrlicher schrieb:
> >> Von: Ralf Habacker
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Recent dbus cmake build system (and binary packages) uses different dll
> >> names for release/debug build (dbus-1/dbus1d) and compiler  (mingw:
> >> libdbus-1(d).dll msvc: dbus-1(d).dll)
> >>
> >> While linking the dbus libraries to the qdbus module using the import
> >> libraries (which is indicated by the QT_LINKED_LIBDBUS macro) qt honors
> >> all the above mentioned dll naming scheme.
> >>
> >> In the opposite the newly added qdbus feature to load the dbus library
> >> dynamically breaks debug support because qdbus only loads dbus-1.dll
> >> (the msvc release dll) regardless of compiler and compile mode.
> >>

> > TT told me that they won't accept such a patch. Therefore I changed the
> emerge build script for qt to use ' -dbus-linked' to avoid this problem.
> > --> we only allow linked dbus on windows.
> >
> Is there any known reason for this inconsistency ?

None I'm aware of. The lib suffix is done by the linker so it's 'hidden' for TT. The debug/release stuff is just ignored. I think it's in the pro-Files because we sent the patches to TT long before qdbus was supported on windows.

Christian
Jetzt dabei sein: http://www.shortview.de/wasistshortview.php?mc=sv_ext_mf@gmx