[patch] [v3] Testing the new patched windbus + mingw binaries

Jaroslaw Staniek js at iidea.pl
Wed Jul 2 16:03:17 CEST 2008

Attached 3rd iteration of patches against SVN version of dbus
https://windbus.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/windbus/trunk:

DBus-win32-2.patch - DBus-win32.patch updated for trunk, as the latter
                      was for 1.1.2

services-3.patch   - the main file which alters bus/services.c and bus/driver.c

== Development notes ==
Currently kdelibs trunk and enterprise4 depend on this modification - if you
run kuniqueapplications like KMail or Kontact.
The modifified behaviour means that the unique app tries to allocate
"appname-{PID}" instead of "appname", and the patched dbus daemon knows
"-{PID}" has to be stripped out.

I am trying to add a runtime check for dbus version, to allow for old behaviour.

What's new in v3:
- OpenProcess() can return success even if process isn't running now
    (zombie?), we make sure it runs be enumerating process names
- bus_driver_handle_service_exists() in driver.c now checks if the process
   that allocated the service exists; this works well when QtDBus or kdelibs
   depend on true existence of a service

== Binaries ==
Release and debug version of the dbus bianaries for mingw, built on XP/mingw:
http://kexi-project.org/download/dbus-mingw-trunk-patched.20080702.zip

Contains my newest changes to dbus trunk.

The files replace everything what is provided by
dbus-mingw-1.1.2.20080216-bin.tar.bz2 and dbus-mingw-1.1.2.20080216-lib.tar.bz2
packages from windows.kde.org.

Please consider backing up your files before overwriting.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek