QT projects trouble with VC++2005

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Thu Jan 31 00:48:51 CET 2008

shift at cmpd2.phys.msu.su said the following, On 2008-01-31 00:25:
> I tried to use KDE_win installation of QT to build my project with
> Visual C++ 2005, and had some troubles.
>
> I used kde-win-installer v0.8.5 to install QT libs to D:\KDE, and then
> created run "qmake" and "nmake" -- and it did not generate moc_ files.
> i fixed the problem by manually rewriting the D:\KDE\bin\qt.conf, and
> for every option i specified the full path.

Shift,
2 notes:
- contrary to what you noted in your blog, KDE applications are the true value
of KDE/Windows (and of course --you agree with it -- the framework).
On the OS, you already have desktop environment (or rather window manager +
icon manager), which is called explorer.exe :)

- you have apparently started by working with qmake, and qt-only apps while
KDE development is based on Qt+KDElibs and cmake. I guess the latter gives us
a few features like slightly better genration of MSVC projects/solutions.

That said, I find your intelisense presentation interesting. Consider joining
and adding some value to http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KDE_on_Windows docs.

PS: Qt is the framework, QT is Apple QuickTime :)

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek