problems to start KDE in Cygwin

Alceu Rodrigues de Freitas Junior glasswalk3r at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 30 20:24:39 CET 2008

Greetings,

I've being trying to make KDE works with Cygwin in a Windows XP box but I'm having problems.

Whenever I tried, I received the following message

"Could not start kdestartupconfig. Check your installation".

After some search in Google, I got some directions, but not of them worked. This one is the most complete procedure that I founded:

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-cygwin&m=116743679926441&w=2

But this does not work too:

$ kstartupconfig.exe || echo $?
53

I already checked the sourcecode of kstartupconfig program, but I'm not a C programmer. As far as I could understand from the program, is just a matter to search for the startupconfigkeys and execute another program with system(kdostartupconfig). Manipulating environment variables ($HOME and $KDEHOME) and running the command mannually didn't helped either.

I running the last versions of Cygwin and KDE package.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

---
Alceu Rodrigues de Freitas Junior
glasswalk3r at hotmail.com
"Escolha um trabalho que você ama e você nunca mais terá que trabalhar um dia na sua vida" - Confúcio