koffice 1.97 for windows

Jaroslaw Staniek js at iidea.pl
Fri Jan 25 23:20:32 CET 2008

Ananth A said the following, On 2008-01-25 18:05:

> I just compiled the koffice version 1.97 from the svn for windows.
> After a few minor glitches, i was  able to compile them all (well,
> most packages).
>
> however, i am unable to open any file.  Sometimes i get the import
> filter dialog box but after that i  always get an error - its either
> 'an internal error or unable to read the beginning part of the file.
>

> can anyone point me to which files to look to get more info for this error ?

One of the cases could be opening the file in ascii mode. Grep through the
source code and make sure there are no ::open() (not QFile which is OK) calls
used without O_BINARY flag. On Windows ascii mode is the default. Replace
open() with portable KDE_open() from <kde_file.h>.

If you want to debug, set a breakpoint near the error message and look at the
call stack.

What file format do you try and what app do you play with?

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek