Bad installer?

Ljubomir Simin ljubomir.simin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 12:32:14 CET 2008

On Jan 23, 2008 6:00 AM, Lavacano Volblaster
<themaestroofemail at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Recently I reinstalled XP on the XP box (falling apart at the seams
> again, that's Microsoft for you.), and downloaded KDE Windows install
> 0.8.5. I tried to install with it, and it went psycho.
>
> First it hung whilst installing a package. Then when I killed the
> process and tried again from where it left off, it refused to do
> anything but let me click cancel. I discovered a few weeks after that
> though I clicked cancel and (supposedly) terminated the install, it
> remained a running process.
>
> Did something go horribly wrong when the installer was made, or did I
> just get a bad download?

I'd like to add my 3 cents if I may: I have tried many times, and
installer _always_ gets stuck in the middle of installing process
(after all downloads are complete). Some of the files gets installed,
but (afaik) not all of them. If I kill the installer and try over, it
halts again. Leaving it "working" for ~30 mins didn't help either - it
just keeps being stuck. I suppose I'm just out of luck ;).

Regards,

PS. That's on Sempron with 1GB of RAM, XP SP2

--
Ljubomir Simin
Registered Linux User #351181