bug in libxslt package?

Saro Engels ps_ml at gmx.de
Fri Feb 22 02:30:55 CET 2008

I experienced a strange error already for a very long time when building
koffice: I got deeper into it now and a test case is appended; please
compile it using the the following commandline:

g++ xslttest.cpp -I %KDEROOT%\include -L %KDEROOT%\lib -l libxslt

The problem consists of two parts:
first of all the header file xsltexports.h seems wrong in line 99:
replace
    #if !defined(LIBXSLT_STATIC)
with
    #if defined(IN_LIBXSLT) && !defined(LIBXSLT_STATIC)

and second the libxslt.dll.a doesn't seem to export xsltMaxDepth
correctly whereas the .lib does.
If I go through the steps that createImportLibs() in emerge does:
pexports bin\libxslt.dll > lib\libxslt.def
dlltool -d lib\libxslt.def -l lib\libxslt.dll.a
it seems to work.

This error will only have impact on mingw but it will make building
koffice not completely possible.

regards,
SaroEngels

--
web:                 http://windows.kde.org
irc:                 #kde-windows (irc.freenode.net)