update-mime-database not recognized

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Tue Feb 19 12:59:55 CET 2008

John Levin schrieb:
> Ralf Habacker wrote:
>
>> John Levin schrieb:

>>> I'm using www.mirrorservice.org, and the package shows up there:
>>> http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/unstable/4.0.60/win32/%5Bpage=0%5D

>>> shared-mime-info is not on my machine
>>>

>> according to
>> http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/unstable/4.0.60/win32/config.txt
>>
>> shared-mime-info is a dependency of kdelibs-msvc and kdelibs-mingw,
>> which means if you install the kdelibs-msvc or kdelibs-mingw package
>> shared-mime-info is installed by default.
>>

> I've got kde4win installed and working now, by using the sourceforge
> mirror. I retried the mirrorservice.org mirror, and again didn't get
> shared-mime-info; I note it has now disappeared from the mirror list. I
> also tried heanet.ie and scarlet.be, both of which gave errors, and
> didn't download anything.
>
> Is anyone else having trouble with the mirrors?

Release 4.0.60 is outdated and installer 0.8.6 too. Please delete the
currently used installation dir (not the directory where the files are
downloaded) and retry with the newest installer in developer mode from
http://download.cegit.de/kde-windows/installer/kdewin-installer-gui-0.9.0-1.exe.
If there are still errors, please report again.