update-mime-database not recognized

John Levin john at technolalia.org
Tue Feb 19 12:01:03 CET 2008

Ralf Habacker wrote:
> John Levin schrieb:
>> Saro Engels wrote:

>>> shared-mime-info is the package you need - it should be installed as a
>>> dependency of the KDE packages.
>>> Please have a look whether
>>> 1) the package in the package download path is corrupted,
>>>
>> I'm using www.mirrorservice.org, and the package shows up there:
>> http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/unstable/4.0.60/win32/%5Bpage=0%5D
>>

>>> 2) it is there or not
>>>
>> shared-mime-info is not on my machine
>>

> according to
> http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/unstable/4.0.60/win32/config.txt
>
> shared-mime-info is a dependency of kdelibs-msvc and kdelibs-mingw,
> which means if you install the kdelibs-msvc or kdelibs-mingw package
> shared-mime-info is installed by default.

I've got kde4win installed and working now, by using the sourceforge
mirror. I retried the mirrorservice.org mirror, and again didn't get
shared-mime-info; I note it has now disappeared from the mirror list. I
also tried heanet.ie and scarlet.be, both of which gave errors, and
didn't download anything.

Is anyone else having trouble with the mirrors?

John